Saturday, October 30, 2010

Kreator- Pleasure to Kill 1986


C'mon the album's name is PLEASURE TO KILL!! thats exactly what Kreator does they Fucking KILL! for being realeased in 1986 this album is brutal. Perhaps thats one of the reasons why this album is considered such a classsic becasuse back then people must have been shitting their pants when they first heard this. this is what I consider total thrashing death metal right here, pure brutal raw thrash. one thing that I find very true is that german thrash metal just seems to be more brutal and raw than american thrash. Just listen to early Exumer, Sodom, and Destruction albums, they are just dirty, raw, and fucking ferocious. Ask anyone into thrash, they will say that this album is one of the Genre definers. this album has definatly earned it's place in metal history. As far as my expierence with this album goes, at first it freaked me out. my very first Kreator song I ever heard was the title track Pleasure to Kill. Now putting this into to context  the extent of my thrash taste was limited to the Big four- Megadeth, Anthrax, Metallica, and bareley even Slayer yet. so when I first hear the fisrt few seconds with the Rototom drum intro into the brutal thrashing i was like wow! then came in the vocals and I was just thinking "Ewwwwwww thats terrible". but a couple more listens I realized it was actually kind of cool, but listing to the lyrics I was like What The Fuck?? I then looked them up and they actually kind of creeped me out, like when he says "Your body is so pretty but how will it look,When my perverted lust is stilled,No one to save you no parents or friends, Because they've already got killed,My only aim is to take many lives,The more the better I feel,My only pleasure is to hear many cries,From those tortured by my steel" It was like uhhhhh cause I wasent used to any lyrics like that, of course no I am but back then it was kind of scarey. But after a while I got the album and it just grew on me, eventually I loved it. The album Pretty much just pure fast brutallity all the way through with really grotesque lyrics and vocals. The riffs are all pretty much speed based less than they are melodic, with fast pounding drumming. my favorite song on the album is definalty Riot Of Violence which the Drummer Jurgen" Ventor" Reil sings." A man lies in the corner covered in blood" that line just rules. For some reason half the songs are sung by Mille, and the other half by Jurgen, and their voices sound a lot alike, but you can still tell the difference. I can see were alot of Death Metal bands say this album influenced them, cause it an be borderline death metal, but after this album Kreator took a more good songwriting oriented route, were the songs are a little less brutal, but honestly i think Kreator got better after this album, it's just that this one is the "Classic". My favorite Kreator album is probably Coma Of Souls. But this album definatly paved the way for more brutal bands soon to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment